Friday, September 26, 2008

Just a little story

One of the biggest blessings to me with Bridge 45 is found in a fourth grade boy named "John". He's come to our church for years, always brought by his aunt. At one point in time, his mom's new boyfriend objected to "John" and his sister coming to church purely because their aunt took them. But after a few weeks of complaining and sadness from the kids over not going to church, the boyfriend started driving them! That was about a year ago.

One day during VBS I took "John" home, and spent the car ride telling him about Bridge 45. He was quiet and seemed only semi-interested. Then, the week we announced Bridge 45 to the kids, he perked up, and in front of everyone (which he never does) said, "Oh! You told me about that!"

The first week of Bridge 45 "John" attended church on Saturday with his mom (which to me is so wonderful to see that she's coming now). I apologetically told him that Bridge 45 would only be on Sundays. The next morning as I walked through the lobby, I saw "John" walking into Bridge 45.

Each week his mom brings him on Saturday, and then he returns with his aunt on Sunday. God must have great plans for this little boy, and I feel blessed to be able to watch it unfold.

1 comment:

jleastes said...

Deep down inside we all have a thirst for the word of God, and fellowship.